It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:59 pm

All times are UTC + 7 hours

Post subject: Flight and Dive
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:31 pm 

Dear divers,

I have a question with regard to the subject above, until now I have not found the answer yet :(

Let say, I am traveling overseas for diving and the flight take about 3 hour. Can I go for my 1'st dive within few hour (3-4 hour) after I touch down? or should I wait the next day to dive (is there any timing that need to be meet?)
As I know that after dive there is No-Flight time that need to be meet.

hope someone can help me.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:12 pm 
Site Admin

Seharusnya sih ga masalah ya kalo abis terbang langsung dive. Gw sering koq begitu. Logikanya, kita terbang dengan pesawat commercial di dalam cabin yang tekanannya terjaga (pressurization cabin - FAA Regulation), sehingga orang merasa nyaman dan mudah bernafas. Hampir tidak ada perubahan di tubuh maupun darah kita. Beda dengan diving, dimana tubuh kita mendapat tekanan langsung yang bisa menyebabkan embolism. Mengutip dari artikel di scubadiving.com, embolism (air bubble) bisa terjadi jika:
- Ascend to the surface after a dive.
- Ascend to altitude after a dive (a continuance of the dive while flying).
- Ascend to a high altitude from the surface without pressurization.
Jadi selama kita terbang dalam pressurization cabin, embolism tidak akan terjadi dan aman2 aja jika langsung diving. Itu sih teori gw... bener engganya ya walahualam :) Ada yg. bisa bantu kasi penjelasan yg. lebih ilmiah ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:04 pm 

Thanks Hes...
Ada tambahan sedikit nich, baru dapet bacaan dari lib. judulnya Advanced sport diving (BSAC),
katanya gini "....It is now believe that ascents to altitude, even in pressurised aircraft, are sufficiently rapid so as to cause some micro-bubble formation and be a provocative decompression event. After a sufficiently long flight, these bubbles will disappear and the overall effect of the flight will be beneficial in lowering the tissue gas saturation as described earlier....."

trusss ada tabelnya "BSAC '88", sama kayak Padi punya tapi ini covering atmospheric pressure up to 3000m + transfer table to relate the effect of changes in ambient pressure to the gas saturation level of a diver's body tissue.

:) now I know....